Ivy Clarke sets up Instagram page for her collection of 'reborn' dolls

Mail Online | 8/24/2018 | Martha Cliff for MailOnline
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/24/09/4F599A7A00000578-0-image-a-26_1535098727604.jpg

A mother has set up an Instagram page for her collection of reborn dolls – and has slammed critics who call them 'creepy'.

Ivy Clarke, who is in her early fifties, delights her followers with photos of her reborn dolls, Twin A, Twin B and Ethan, dressed and posed up as if they are real infants.

Administration - Assistant - Queens - New - York

To the administration assistant, of Queens, New York, it's just a harmless hobby.

But, not everybody understands her interest in them, with some people dubbing the dolls 'creepy'.

Ivy - Children - 'People - Dolls - Babies

Ivy, who has three grown-up human children, aged 20, 21 and 22 that she doesn't wish to name, said: 'People can be very negative, and say the dolls are creepy. But they look like babies and babies are cute, not creepy.

'People collect all sorts of things so I don't understand why this is seen as so weird.

Reason - Reborns - Children - Truth - Craft

'Everyone is always trying to find a deeper reason for collecting reborns, like that you miss having young children yourself, but the truth is I genuinely like them and appreciate the craft that goes into making them.

'What the reborn community loves most about the dolls is that they are beautiful art works that never throw up or grow up.'

Ivy - Lover - Dolls

Growing up, Ivy was always a great lover of dolls and continues to collect them.

But she didn't discover reborns until earlier this year, when she spotted one whilst scrolling eBay.

'It - Eye - Person - Baby

She said: 'It caught my eye right away because it looked so real. I thought, 'What is this person doing putting their baby on here?'

'Then I realised it was a doll. I just couldn't believe how real it looked.'

Reborns - Ivy - £782

Reborns, Ivy said, can be highly expensive, with some fetching up to $1000 (£782).

But, scouring the web, she managed to find a discounted one on eBay, eventually bartering the price down to just $175 (£137).

'She

She continued: 'She arrived in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!