‘That’s From Disneyland!’: How a Collector’s Pop-Up Became a Must-See L.A. Destination

Variety | 8/23/2018 | Chris Willman
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/disneyland-3.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Over the last month, Disneyland buffs have found the true Happiest Place on Earth, which happens to be an abandoned Sports Authority in Sherman Oaks. There, two- to three-hour lines stretch down the block as hopefuls try to get into “That’s From Disneyland!,” a free, 20,000-square-foot exhibit devoted to artifacts collected over the past 25 years by agent-to-the-film-composer-stars Richard Kraft, who’ll have auctioned off every last piece by the time the pop-up comes to a close Sunday night.

It does resemble that other happy place down in Anaheim in that celebrities do generally get to skip the queue. Anyone who believes celebrities are all going to **** can find photographic confirmation in the photos posted online of Rachel Bloom and Rebel Wilson posing in a car from the now-defunct Orlando version of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. Magic men Darren Criss and Neil Patrick Harris have taken advantage of a photo op in front of a quartet of eight-foot-tall paintings of impending death scenarios that once resided in the Haunted Mansion’s stretchy vestibule.

Superstore - Escalator - View - Guns - N

Up the inoperative superstore escalator, out of public view, we find Slash, the Guns N’ Roses guitarist, and his girlfriend, Meegan Hodges, peppering Kraft with questions, not because they’re looking for representation but because they’re fascinated to have finally found someone who loves Disneyland even more than they do. These Club 33 members already own some posters of the park’s original attractions and are looking to add to their collection. “I am a diehard,” Slash says, citing his favorite attractions as “a toss-up between the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean — I’ll do everything else in the park to get to those two.” (And you thought he’d pick the Jungle Cruise.) “I wish I’d met you sooner,” he tells Kraft, maybe cognizant that some of the bigger-ticket items...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.