When Jesus Reveals God

Jesus Creed | 8/22/2018 | Staff
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-woman-writing.jpg

So what is this new but not new “paradigm shift” anyway? In Roger’s words:

Jesus is the perfect revelation of the character of God . . . traced out to its logical conclusion and not left as a mere notion that does not permeate the whole body of belief. . . .

Argument - Christians - Principle - Principle - Theology

My argument is that many evangelical Christians have always believed this principle in principle but have not worked it into their theology systematically. . . .

My point is simply this: This paradigm shift in modern, contemporary Christian theology toward thinking through logically and without restraint the principle that Jesus is the perfect revelation of the character of God has precursors and profound implications.

Terms - Theology - Implications - Range - Christ

What we’re really working out, in terms of our theology, are the implications and range of Christ’s supremacy as the revelation of the Father. The question as to how far and how profound we allow his supremacy to be in our theology is not for the feint of heart, and any easy answers are bound to only gloss over serious concerns. I’m reminded of a common dynamic in the New Testament in which Christ is often portrayed as “greater” or as having more authority than even the greats that preceded him. Not only is he “greater” than John the Baptist (who Christ says is greater than any man ever born), but he is “greater” than or as having authority over Solomon, Jacob, Jonah, David, the Temple, Israel, the Church, sin, death, life, the wind and waves and all creation: heaven and earth, with a name above every name. What exactly do we mean by embracing these statements of superiority?And I’m particularly reminded of this event with pointed paradigmatic implications for theology: the conversations at the transfiguration.

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Jesus Creed
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: