New Jersey Governor Ends Bear Hunts on Public Lands by Executive Order

The Truth About Guns | 8/21/2018 | Dan Zimmerman
Click For Photo: http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/866002546.0.jpg

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy is Andrew Cuomo lite. He’s every bit as hostile to civilian firearm ownership and Second Amendment rights, he just lacks the ability of his neighbor to the north to project that anti-gun animus beyond his state’s borders. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t dead set on making Garden State gun owners’ and hunters’ lives more difficult.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy on Monday ordered the closure of state lands to black bear hunting this year.

Governor - Decision - Executive - Order - Hunt

The first-year Democratic governor announced the decision with an executive order, but stopped short of unilaterally ending the hunt altogether, saying he doesn’t have the authority.

“I am fulfilling my commitment to stop the bear hunt to the greatest extent of my authority by ordering the Department of Environmental Protection to prevent bear hunting on all public lands under the DEP’s jurisdiction,” Murphy said in a statement. He also called on lawmakers to take action.

Mind - Way - Populations - Guns

Never mind that hunting is a proven, effective and humane way of managing wildlife populations. But it usually involves guns and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Truth About Guns
Wake Up To Breaking News!