‘Hold The Dark’ Trailer: ‘Green Room’ Director Jeremy Saulnier Confronts the Wilderness

/Film | 9/28/2018 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/hold-the-dark-trailer.jpg

Hold The Dark is the latest from Jeremy Saulnier, director of Blue Ruin and Green Room. And if you know anything about those two movies, you can probably guess that Hold The Dark is going to be intense. The first Hold The Dark trailer confirms that suspicion, teasing a moody, unsettling, disturbing journey into the wilderness, and beyond. Watch the Hold The Dark trailer below.

Hold The Dark Trailer

**** - Blue - Ruin - Green - Room

Well, holy ****. This looks incredible. Blue Ruin and Green Room are both stunning films, and Hold The Dark looks to be yet another winner from Jeremy Saulnier. Jefferey Wright plays a naturalist and wolf expert who is hired by a woman (Riley Keough) to track down the pack of wolves that took her son. At some point, Keough’s soldier husband – played by Alexander Skarsgård – returns home from overseas, and things get very, very tense.

That’s the abridged version, at least. It’s clear from this trailer that there’s a lot more going on here – stuff involving creepy masks, hidden locations, and dark, disturbing secrets.

Dark - Novel - William - Giraldi - Script

Hold The Dark is adapted from the novel by William Giraldi, with a script from Macon Blair, an actor who has appeared in all three of Saulnier’s films – Murder Party, Blue Ruin and Green Room. “I read Hold the Dark in two sittings and just chewed through it,” Blair says. “It really excited me. The book itself was so stunning and compelling—and then simultaneously I was thinking of it as something for Jeremy to direct. It seemed very much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!