Who Does God Guide?

Summit Life with J.D. Greear | 8/20/2018 | Staff
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://jdgreear.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/iTunes-Album-Cover.jpg

Who Does God Guide?

God - Guide

Who Does God Guide?

When it comes to God’s guidance in our lives, we tend to want the answer to one question: Which choice should I make in this decision? But while the Bible gives us wisdom for our decision-making, it puts much more emphasis on knowing and trusting God. It seems that God cares more about us becoming the kind of person he wants us to be than he does in detecting some mystical guidance on a particular decision.

Fact - Question - God - God - Kind

In fact, the question is not so much how God guides but whom God guides. So, what kind of person receives God’s guidance?

Psalm 25:4 says, “Make your ways known to me, Lord; teach me your paths” (CSB). David is talking here about an inward familiarity with the ways of God that trains him how to act.

New - Testament - Anyone - Milk - Infant

Here’s how the New Testament talks about this: “Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil” (Hebrews 5:13-14 NIV).

“Constant use” means being so saturated in Scripture and skilled in its application that it becomes second nature. “Trained themselves to distinguish good from evil” refers to things not outlined in Scripture. Even when the Bible is not as straightforward on a topic as you would wish, being trained in Scripture can give you the instinct to know what God wants. In other words, we shouldn’t “trust our gut” unless our gut has been sufficiently stuffed with Bible.

God - Ways - Patterns - Scripture - God

We need to be saturated in God’s ways so that we think in patterns of Scripture, because we won’t live out the will of God any more than we know the Word of God.

“He leads the humble in what is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Summit Life with J.D. Greear
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!