Incredible video shows a father and son's near death drive as they try to escape Montana forest fire

Mail Online | 8/19/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/19/19/4F379D2800000578-0-image-a-44_1534705018256.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/19/7974970595192123804/1024x576_MP4_7974970595192123804.mp4

Cellphone video has captured the terrifying moments of a father and son barely escaping with their lives after driving through a forest fire.

Justin Bilton and his 70-year-old father Charlie were backpacking through Wyoming and Montana and had set up camp at Glacier National Park for their final stop when a lightning storm struck.

Day - August - Strike - Fire - Howe

The following day, August 12, the strike ignited a fire, which turned into the Howe Ridge Fire that has burned thousands of acres along Lake McDonald.

The pair realized they needed to get out of there and hopped in their rental car but soon they had driven into - and were surrounded by - intense flames.

Video - Charlie - Son - Voice - Man

In the video, Charlie is heard speaking to his son in a steady voice, trying to calm the young man's nerves.

'I think we can drive through this,' Charlie says.

'Dad - Car - Justin

'Dad, what if the car blows up?' Justin asks.

'Then we're dead. Just keep driving. Not too too fast, we'll be okay,' Charlie replies.

Visibility - Embers - Windshield - Justin

As their visibility becomes worse, and embers begin to hit the windshield, Justin becomes more and more concerned.

'The car is heating up, it's gonna explode,' Justin tells his father. 'Jesus. Please, God, help us.'

Post - Facebook - Justin - Pair - Road

In a post on Facebook, Justin said the pair had safely driven down the road just a few hours earlier to get...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!