WHI-1428 | Discussing Our Differences on Baptism (2)

Sunday, 19 Aug 2018

www.whitehorseinn.org | 8/19/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.whitehorseinn.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/1200x630_DifferencesonBaptism2.jpg

Last week we began a discussion of some of our differences on the nature of the sacraments in general, and of baptism in particular. On this program, the hosts will continue this discussion and will also address the thorny issue of baptismal regeneration.

Finally, the hosts will conclude their discussion with the question as to whether Protestant churches should baptize infants. Is this merely a holdover from Catholicism, or is there a biblical warrant for this ancient practice? That’s the focus for this edition of the White Horse Inn.

Baptism - Form - News - Gospel…What - Baptism

“Baptism is a form of good news, the gospel…What is given in Baptism according to the reformed tradition is not something different than what is given in the Word or in the Lord’s Supper. It’s Christ. The whole Christ with all of his benefits is given through three different media: preached, washed, and eating and drinking. But God doesn’t need baptism in order to save us. We need it in order to be assured of God’s forgiveness and cleansing power. We need to know that this is for me, not just for everybody else, but this is for me. I am washed.”

“The Keys of the Kingdom”

Q - Keys - Kingdom

83 Q. What are the keys of the kingdom?

A. The preaching of the holy gospel and Christian discipline toward repentance. Both preaching and discipline open the kingdom of heaven to believers and close it to unbelievers.

(Excerpt) Read more at: www.whitehorseinn.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!