John David Washington Talks The Subversiveness Of ‘BlacKkKlansman’, The Influence Of Spike Lee

Deadline | 8/17/2018 | Dino-Ray Ramos
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/john-david-washington.jpg?w=605

BlacKkKlansman is already being praised as one of Spike Lee’s best films and John David Washington, the film’s star, couldn’t agree more. He steps into the role of the real-life Ron Stallworth, the first black detective at the Colorado Springs Police Department that infiltrated the Ku Klux Klan. And although he was fascinated by the stranger-than-fiction story, it was Lee’s filmmaking influence and Jordan Peele’s involvement as a producer that was a big draw to the project.

Related'BlacKkKlansman' Producers On Spike Lee's "Strength Of Perspective" & Focus Features Pic's...

Brainer - Washington - Project - Spike - Lee

“It’s pretty much a no brainer,” said Washington about boarding the project. “I mean, I think Spike Lee’s is the master of tone, and with this story, it was in the best hands. In any other hands, it wouldn’t have been right. It could’ve worked maybe, but it wouldn’t have been right for me — and I wouldn’t trust anybody with this story besides those two people.”

Even though BlacKkKlansman marks Washington’s first major lead role, he may be known for his work on HBO’s Ballers and can be seen in David Lowery’s upcoming The Old Man & The Gun with Robert Redford and the Reinaldo Marcus Green-directed Monsters and Men. But working on those films and BlacKkKlansman has lit a fire underneath him in what kind of acting career he wants to pursue.

Work - Filmmakers - Process - Process - Process

“I wanna work with filmmakers that love, are enthusiastic about their process, about the process, about their process, and the environment of inclusion and collaboration,” Washington told Deadline. “I want the people to be able to trust me, and I wanna be able to trust them. I got a lot to learn in this business, got so much to learn and I need to get better and better. And I need help, and that help comes in forms of directors that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...