Country star Thomas Rhett reveals love for Ugandan adopted daughter, calling sisters 'peas in a pod'

Mail Online | 8/18/2018 | Leah Simpson For Dailymail.com
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/18/03/4F2C575A00000578-0-image-a-35_1534560193550.jpg

They may not be biological siblings but country star, Thomas Rhett, insists his daughters are so alike it feels wrong to use the word ‘adopted’ to describe his two-and-half-year-old girl who was born in Uganda.

The country singer welcomed Willa Gray to the family in May 2017, just three months before his wife, Lauren Akins, gave birth to Ada James, in Nashville, Tennessee.

Peas - Pod - Kinds - Trouble - People

'[They] are two peas in a pod getting into all kinds of trouble together,' he says in the latest People magazine, commenting on how similar his eldest child and one-year-old are.

The 'Life Changes' singer shares more of those thoughts in his new track.

Day - Daddy - Mama - Grandkid - Yep/From

'I remember the day I told my Daddy and Mama you're gonna have a grandkid, yep/From Uganda, that's right, we're adopting/And she is the cutest little girl that you've ever seen,' he sings in one of the verses.

He continues: 'Well I was wrapping my head around being a dad/A bigger wrench got thrown in the plans we thought we'd had/Now Lauren's showin', got one on the way/Yeah that's two under two, hey, what can I say?'

Beginnings - Africa - Rhett - Match - Family

With her beginnings in Africa, Rhett says it makes the perfect match for his family with music running through his eldest daughter’s veins.

'In Uganda, family and religion are super important and music is gigantic,' he says.

He rationalizes his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!