Strategy Turns Vision Into Reality

Orange Leaders | 8/16/2018 | Matt Norman
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/08/iStock-902506410.jpg

If you’re a church leader you have, no doubt, heard a LOT about vision. Countless blog posts are written about it. It’s the topic of many sessions in many conferences. There are books written about it. As a church leader, vision is everywhere you look. Truth is, it’s vital, but is it enough?

Okay, I know, what do weight loss and church leadership have to do with one another? Stay with me. For most of my adult life I have struggled with my weight. I work hard, I watch what I eat, and I even experience some success. Still, I fail to reach my goals.

Struggle - Loss - Vision - Problem - People

My continued struggle with weight loss isn’t due to lack of vision. I have no problem picturing what I would look like. I can imagine how much better I would feel. I can talk about it. I can tell other people about it. I have a clear and communicable VISION for my weight loss journey and the future self I could become when the vision is fulfilled.

You see, having a vision for what I want to look like in the future is VITAL to getting there. But, just being able to picture it, or even being able to tell others about it, isn’t enough. The reason that my vision has failed to become my reality is because I’ve lacked STRATEGY.

Vision - Healthier - Thinner - Vision - Strategy

If I am truly going to make my vision of a healthier, and thinner, me come true, I have to go beyond vision and develop a strategy. I have to consider the things that I am going to do differently that will get me from where I am to where the vision says I will be in the future.

It’s the same for us in church leadership. The greatest vision means nothing without a strategy to make it happen....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!