CNN Commentator: Tape of Trump Using N-Word Would Increase Support Among Trump Supporters

CNS News | 8/15/2018 | Staff
ajoy26 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/screen_shot_2018-08-15_at_1.31.17_pm.png

A CNN commentator said Wednesday that if a tape of President Donald Trump using the N-word surfaced, it might increase support among his supporters.

“I think that if you found the tape of him using the N-word, it might actually increase his support among the people who support him. This does nothing to them. They are so baked in. They believe wholeheartedly in this approach that he is taking, and none of these insults to people who look like me hurt them, because it is not them,” Charles Blow, op-ed columnist for The New York Times, told CNN’s “New Day with Alisyn Camerota and John Berman.”

Berman - Quinnipiac - Poll - Americans - Trump

Berman pointed to a Quinnipiac poll that said more Americans than not believe Trump is a racist.

“Right, and they have a reason to believe that,” Blow said. “I think that when we keep questioning whether or not he’s a misogynist or a sexist or a racist as if it is not born out by the facts, we undermine the fact that in fact it is born out by the facts. This is a 70-year-old man who has given decades of interviews, said all manner of thing when he was not a politician, when he never thought that he was gonna be a politician.”

Blow - Trump - Supporters - Media - Standard

Blow said Trump supporters want the media to adhere to a “strange standard” where they “start over every week, every month, every year, every decade” when it comes to the president.

“All those things that he said before don’t matter. We shouldn’t take those into account, even though he has never apologized for any of it. He has never walked back from it. The only thing that he did try to walk, show some contrition about but was not doing it fully was the Access Hollywood tape, because he thought it was going to sink...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!