Creator of 'When Calls the Heart' Explains Why Series Is a Hit With Christian Audiences

www.christianpost.com | 8/15/2018 | Staff
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/95539/img.jpg

Hallmark Channel's most-watched and longest running primetime series, "When Calls the Heart," has a loyal following, says Brian Bird, the show's executive producer who's worked in Hollywood for over 30 years.

Bird, who's written and produced dozens of films as well as 250 episodes for network television — including five seasons of the original TV series "When Calls the Heart" alongside his partner Michael Landon Jr. — spoke to The Christian Post about his Christian background and explained why a devotional was created to go along with the series.

Church - Grandfather - Pastor - Father - Pastor

"I am a Christian. I was raised in the church. My grandfather was a pastor. My father was a pastor, for a time, and I pledged really early on in my writing career that I was going to find a way not to have an agenda or not to browbeat people over the head with my worldview. But my prayer has always been that my words would move men closer to God in some way or another," Bird, who co-founded Believe Pictures with Landon, told The Christian Post in a recent interview.

"I don't necessarily believe that film or TV is good evangelism, so I'm not a TV evangelist. But what I do believe is that good stories full of hope, faith and love, and redemption, forgiveness, resurrection, sacrifice, courage and all the great virtues you can find in almost every faith — they are obviously the core of Christianity as well — I believe that good storytelling, which includes those things, stirs up soul cravings," he said.

Series - Storyline - Millions - People - World

The series' storyline has resonated with millions of people across the world which cultivated an ardent grassroots movement of fans known as "the hearties." Bird credited the hearties with the show's success.

"In season one, they (the hearties) began talking to us through social media...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.