Paul Young admits 20-year old burglary by Gino D'Acampo has hit home once again

Mail Online | 8/15/2018 | Jason Chester for MailOnline
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/14/23/4F18D9EC00000578-0-image-a-18_1534286979406.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/09/19/1877166265168185772/1024x576_MP4_1877166265168185772.mp4

Paul Young admits the burglary carried out at his London home by Gino D’Acampo in the late nineties has robbed him of treasured memories relating to his late wife Stacey.

The eighties legend lost a platinum disc and valuable guitars worth in excess of £4,000 when the Italian celebrity chef, then an unknown 21-year old waiter, targeted his Mill Hill home in 1998.

D'Acampo - Year - Jail - Sentence - Name

D'Acampo was later arrested, receiving a two-year year jail sentence under his real name, Gennaro, after his DNA was found on a discarded cigarette inside the property.

But Young, 62, admits the theft of his belongings, some of which were never recovered, has weighed on his mind in the months following the death of wife Stacey to brain cancer in January.

'It - Feelings - Mirror - Robbery - Stacey

'It’s hard to say really. I’ve got mixed feelings about it,' he told The Mirror of the robbery. 'When Stacey went there were certain bits of music I never got back. Let’s say that – and that hurt me.'

Referring to D'Acampo, he added: 'I try to keep a light-hearted attitude on that. He gets enough stick on social networking – he doesn’t need my help as well.'

Young - Hits - Wherever - Lay - Hat

Young, best known for hits including Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home), has previously admitted to forgiving D'Acampo after he phoned him to apologise in 2009, shortly before the chef's triumphant appearance on reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

'I don't...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!