Domestic Abuse Allegations Surface Against Congressman Keith Ellison

minnesota.cbslocal.com | 8/12/2018 | Staff
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/gettyimages-630311692.jpg?w=1500

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — With just two days to go before Minnesota’s primary election, domestic abuse allegations are surfacing against U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a candidate for Minnesota attorney general.

The accusations came in a Facebook post published on Saturday night by Austin Monahan, the son of Ellison’s former girlfriend, Karen.

Part - Middle - Moms - Computer - Something

In it, he writes, in part, “In the middle of 2017, I was using my moms computer trying to download something and I clicked on a file. I found over 100 text and twitter messages and video almost 2 minutes long that showed Keith Ellison dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a f — b — and telling her to get the f — out of his house.”

He also claimed he found messages from Ellison that would “victim shame, bully her, and threaten her if she went public.”

Video - Facebook - Post - Monahan - Son

The alleged video was not linked in that Facebook post, but Monahan confirmed her son’s story on Twitter Sunday afternoon, writing, in part, “What my son said is true. Every statement he made was true. Keith Ellison, you know you did that to me.”

WCCO-TV reporter Mary McGuire spoke to Monahan on Sunday through a call box at her apartment.

McGuire - Interview - Allegations - Days

She told McGuire she wasn’t ready to do an interview yet, but said she will have more to say about the allegations in the coming days.

In a written statement to WCCO, Monahan details a pattern of what she calls “narcissistic abuse” over her years-long relationship with Ellison, including “manipulation, name calling, cheating and physical abuse.”

Story - Son - Facebook

She also gives more context to the story initially published by her son on Facebook.

“One night I confronted him very calm about a lie he had just told me straight to my face. What happened next was a rage that I had never witnessed to that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: minnesota.cbslocal.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.