Bodybuilding grandmother Janice Lorraine on plans to keep competing

Mail Online | 8/13/2018 | Emilia Mazza For Daily Mail Australia
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/13/04/4F0EBA3900000578-0-image-a-14_1534130076262.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/13/6257168539198011554/1024x576_MP4_6257168539198011554.mp4

At 75, Janice Lorraine may be Australia's oldest bodybuilder but she's a keen competitor and one who says she has no plans to slow down.

Ms Lorraine, a grandmother from Granville, Sydney, took up bodybuilding at the age of 55 and already has a stunning 23 titles to her name.

Stage - Body - Competition - Category

She will take to the stage again in 2019 to compete in another natural body building competition - and will likely be the eldest in her category.

And while winning awards keeps her focused, she said her main goal is smashing perceptions of ageing.

Training - Regime - Food - Approach - Role

Recently, she shared her training regime, her 'nude food' approach to diet and why she thinks it's important to be a role model to all women.

'My aim is to show what’s possible and to motivate and encourage women of any age, to live the life they want to live and not be bound by traditional stereotypes and roles and the expectations of others,' the former psychologist told The Daily Telegraph.

Ms - Lorraine - Years - Way - Frailty

Ms Lorraine said she first turned to bodybuilding 20 years ago as a way to stave off frailty that comes with retirement.

She shared that her light-bulb moment came after watching an older woman struggling to walk without help and said this pushed her to make a decision to not become 'like her'.

Resolve - Weights - Room - Weight - Resistance

Her new resolve led her to 'marching into the male-dominated weights room' and start Weight Resistance Training (WRT).

'I had heard that WRT was good for bone density and that it had been shown to be effective in preventing osteoporosis and so, in January 1998 I began WRT and decided that I would become a natural bodybuilder,' she told the publication.

Ms - Lorraine - Months - Competition - Sydney

Ms Lorraine explained she worked hard for 15 months at first before she competed in a competition in Sydney in 1999.

Since that day, the active grandmother has competed in many...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!