Man accused of setting Holy Fire lashes out in court outburst

Mail Online | 8/11/2018 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/11/03/4F01051600000578-0-image-a-72_1533955668254.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/11/5389535765538190079/1024x576_MP4_5389535765538190079.mp4

The man suspected of intentionally setting the Holy Fire that now threatens thousands of homes in southern California has made a bizarre outburst in court, claiming he could 'easily' pay his $1 million bail.

Forrest Gordon Clark, 51, was due to be arraigned on Orange County on Friday, but a judge rescheduled the hearing for August 17 after he could not restrain himself during the appearance.

Clark - Felony - Count - Arson - Structures

Clark is charged with one felony count each of aggravated arson damaging at least five inhabited structures, arson of inhabited property, arson of forest and criminal threats, as well as and two misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest.

He stripped naked on Tuesday as authorities closed in to question him about the blaze, which started on Monday near his cabin in the Cleveland National Forrest about 50 miles south of Los Angeles.

Red - Flag - Weather - Conditions - Holy

With critical Red Flag weather conditions, the Holy Fire has quickly grown to more than 28 square miles, and some 21,000 residents are now under evacuation orders as the flames advance on Orange and Riverside counties.

On Friday, Clark initially refused to face the judge as his attorney requested that media coverage of the hearing be suspended out of fears of retaliation against Clark's family.

'I - Lives - Brother - Mother - Siblings

'I have to protect the lives of my brother, mother and siblings!' Clark shouted, facing the rear wall of the holding area clad in a jail-issued orange jumpsuit.

However, the judge denied the defense request, and cameras with CBS Los Angeles continued to record the proceedings.

Clark - Cameras - Attorney - Police - Reports

Clark then whirled and stared intently at the cameras as his attorney protested that she had not recieved police reports in the case and requested a continuance in the hearing.

'It's a lie!' declared Clark when the judge read the charges against him, to which the judge advised him that the charges were merely allegations.

Judge

Asked by the judge if...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!