Michael Brown's mom seeks reinvestigation, City Council...

Mail Online | 8/9/2014 | Associated Press;Matthew Wright For Dailymail.com
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/11/03/4F00FC6A00000578-0-image-a-46_1533953794964.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/11/6327183225086063848/1024x576_MP4_6327183225086063848.mp4

The mother of Michael Brown, the black teen who was murdered by a white police officer in Missouri, announced that she was running for city council.

Lezley McSpadden announced her candidacy Friday on Canfield Drive, near where her son was shot and killed on August 9th, 2014.

Years - Day - Street - Son - Sheet

'Almost four years ago to this day, I ran down this very street, and my son was covered in a sheet,' McSpadden said, according to NBC News.

McSpadden has been an activist since her son's death but has never held public office. On Friday, she said she had been surrounded by people who provided her with support and motivation, and they 'knew what happened was wrong and didn't give up the fight.'

'I - Steps - Ferguson - City - Council

'I learned to walk again,' she said. 'And this is one of my first steps: running for Ferguson City Council.'

McSpadden announced that she planned to run for a seat on the Ferguson City Council in April.

Issues - Community - Policing - Equality - Access

She plans to focus on three issues: community policing, economic equality and equitable access to health care for Ferguson's youth.

'If a mother had to watch her son lay on the street for four hours, and watch our community be completely disrespected by the people we elected, what would you do?' she added.

You would stand up and you would fight, too.'

The activist was joined by family lawyer Benjamin Crump, who led chants of 'Run, Lezley, run!'

McSpadden - Son - Confrontation - Ferguson - Officer

McSpadden's son was unarmed when he was fatally shot during a confrontation with Ferguson officer Darren Wilson, who is white, on Aug. 9, 2014. Witnesses initially said the black teenager had his hands up in surrender at the time of the shooting, though an investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!