Ryanair axes at least 50 services into and out of UK due to strike

Mail Online | 8/10/2018 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/10/08/4EFB4E1700000578-0-image-a-2_1533885412603.jpg

Hundreds of Ryanair flights - including at least 50 services into and out of Britain - will not take off as planned today due to pilot strikes in five countries.

Staff in Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands are holding a 24-hour walkout over pay and conditions at the peak of the busy summer season.

Ryanair - Flights - Result - Passengers - Today

At least 400 Ryanair flights have been cancelled as a result, which has forced passengers who planned on travelling today to rebook or take different routes.

Ryanair planes have a capacity of 189, meaning more than 74,000 passengers could be affected, and it said they have been offered refunds or to reroute their journey.

Budget - Airline - Swords - Dublin - Strikes

The Irish budget airline, which is based in Swords, Dublin, called the strikes 'regrettable and unjustified' and urged unions to come back to the negotiating table.

But pilots counter that Ryanair has refused to engage in meaningful dialogue about collective labour agreements since it began recognising unions in December 2017.

Customer - Airline - 'headache - Difficulty - Response

One customer described the airline as a 'headache', complaining they had had difficulty getting a quick response after contacting the firm on their live chat.

They tweeted: 'Ryanair cancelled my flight in the last min because of pilots strike. They offer me to change my tickets online which it's not possible because of their system crash. No one is on the phone and livechat. They even don't do a refund. Ryanair is an headache.'

Customer - Work - Meetings - Doctor - Appointment

Another customer said she would miss work meetings and a doctor's appointment due to a cancelled flight.

She wrote: 'Many thanks to Ryanair for cancelling my flight home and ensuring all of the de-stressing I have done on this trip is cancelled out in an instant.'

Germany - Hit - Cancellations - Ten - Airports

Germany will be worst hit, with 250 cancellations at ten airports after the country's Cockpit union called on pilots towalk out from 3.01am local time (2.01am BST).

It accused...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!