How to lose weight using your MIND, according to a hypnotherapist

Mail Online | 8/10/2018 | Ashley Pearson for MailOnline
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/10/10/4EFBF0A200000578-0-image-a-27_1533894150436.jpg

A hypnotherapist has today revealed how you can lose weight using only your mind - and she claims dieting won't help.

Malminder Gill, a Harley Street practitioner, says her technique can combat cravings, emotional eating and the desire for bigger portions.

MailOnline - Host - Advice - Pounds - Bulging

In an exclusive for MailOnline, she dishes out a host of advice for those wanting to shed the pounds around their bulging waistlines.

And her tips vary from using chopsticks to taking smaller bites and chewing more, in an attempt to trick the mind into feeling full quicker.

Ms - Gill - Clients - Decade - MailOnline

Ms Gill, who has worked with clients on mindful eating for nearly a decade, told MailOnline: 'It's the only thing that really works.

'The key to weight loss is found not in the gym, or in the math— (calories in and calories out), it's in the mind.

'I - Hypnosis - Way - Perceptions - Tips

'I use hypnosis as a way to reframe perceptions and teach mindful eating but you don't have to be hypnotised to learn the tips and tricks you need to succeed.'

Her advice follows a North Carolina State University review of medical literature earlier this year, which concluded mindful eating can combat obesity.

Journal - Current - Obesity - Reports - Researchers

Writing in the journal Current Obesity Reports, researchers accepted the techniques, practiced by Ms Gill, really can decrease cravings and 'problematic eating'.

You can start to understand why you have specific cravings, the triggers that cause them and the alternatives that can satisfy you.

Taste - Food - Cravings

By enjoying the taste of all of your food, you may notice that cravings reduce.

Unlike a diet, mindful eating does not restrict you, you can act on cravings if you want to, but more importantly, you will start to understand why you have cravings.

Advice

Advice:

If you have a craving, wait 15 minutes before succumbing. When my clients put this into practice, they give into their cravings 30 per cent less of the time.

Picture

Picture...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!