Rusted remains of derelict USSR torpedo research lab on the Black Sea

Mail Online | 8/8/2018 | Nic White For Mailonline
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/08/10/4EECD46A00000578-0-image-a-63_1533720613724.jpg

The rusted remains of torpedoes, moulding books, and 1980s propaganda posters are all that remains of a secret Soviet military research lab on the Black Sea.

Laboratory No 5 RI-400, known as 'Kasatka', developed experimental torpedo and underwater mine technology that were tested by some of Russia's most powerful submarines nearby.

Research - Scientists - World - War - II

Research was initially led by Nazi scientists captured in World War II and forced to work for the Soviets for a decade after the war ended.

Hidden on the eastern shores of the Black Sea in Abkhazia, now a contested part of Georgia, now lies derelict after the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991 and Georgian civil wars that followed.

Region - Time - Hotbed - Physics - Research

The region was at the time also a hotbed of secret nuclear physics research at several other facilities, also initially spearheaded by former German scientists.

Rows after rows of rusting torpedoes lie on racks on the the floor and ransacked research spaces have their cabinets laid bare with boxes thrown open and the crumbling ceiling caving in.

Decaying - Exterior - Glass - Windows - Paint

The decaying exterior is marked by broken glass windows, peeling paint, and crumbling concrete with debris and grounded ships strewn across the yard that is being taken over by plants.

One torpedo is raised onto a platform as though it is still under experimentation, with wires suspended loosely from the rotting ceiling.

Spooky - Photographs

The spooky photographs were...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......