Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Solar_Panel_Recycling-e1533562926565.jpg
Several apartment units in the Netherlands were almost completely destroyed after solar panels caught fire after getting overheated as a heat wave seizes large areas of Europe.
Firefighters were called in a small village in the Netherlands on Aug. 3 after the smoke had been detected at a roof. Heat from the sun’s rays likely “overloaded” the solar panels, causing “enormous” damage, according to a local news report. Nobody was injured.
Fumes - Panel - Fires - Conditions - Firefighters
Fumes from solar panel fires could create toxic conditions for firefighters, researchers claim. “Solar panels and batteries contain toxic chemicals that may be released in a fire and are dangerous if inhaled,” Nick Gromicko of home ownership association group InterNACHI wrote in a research note.
Report - Group - Environmental - Progress - Solar
A report in 2017 from pro-nuclear group Environmental Progress Solar shows solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of electricity generated than nuclear...
Wake Up To Breaking News!