I just drove the $78,000 high-performance Model 3 — here's why it's my new favorite Tesla

Business Insider | 8/5/2018 | Matthew DeBord
jacensolo775 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b6498fb5c5e5220008b4d32-1920-960.jpg

I've driven every Tesla the company has built, and my longtime favorite is the original Roadster, no longer in production.

Well, it was my favorite. That honor now goes to the P3D.

Car - Driver - Future - Interior - Omnipresent

Everything about this car is what the driver of the future wants — the studiously minimalist interior, the omnipresent technology, the refreshing absence of traditional luxury filigree — joined with what forward-leaning enthusiasts crave.

Sure, Tesla has more than its share of problems getting the Model 3 on the road. But when the rubber finally meets the road ... Zowie! The overdesigned fancifulness of the Model 3 and the practical family-sedan girth of the Model S is forgotten and you're back in spiritual Roadster territory, but with countless exciting updates. And make no mistake, laying in the P3D's sci-fi throttle never gets old. The addictive electric WHOOSH! is to Tesla what the wild wail of a screaming gas-incinerating V8 is to Ferrari.

Mph - Dash - Seconds - Difference - Performance

The 0-60 mph dash does indeed seem to pass in less than four seconds. The big difference between the Performance 3 and the car I last drove is that with the P3D, the speed doesn't feel tapped out after 60 mph passes. That could be an illusion, but I could also chalk it up to having the additional torque delivery vector with the second motor.

The dual-motor Model 3 has a more compact wheelbase that than the Model S, making the car feel quite darty and light (even though, objectively, it's sort of heavy), but the oomph delivered by the two motors brings some muscle to the party. The closest internal-combustion...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!