Noah Hawley is Already Working on ‘Legion’ Season 3, and Things Are Getting Darker [TCA 2018 Exclusive]

/Film | 8/4/2018 | Ethan Anderton
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/legion-season2-finale.jpg

Noah Hawley has been busy this year. Season two of Legion was on in the Spring. He directed the movie Pale Blue Dot starring Natalie Portman FX just announced he was making a fourth season of Fargo with Chris Rock, and there’s that Doctor Doom movie that’s in the works. On top of all that, Hawley still had time to crank out scripts for the third season of the FX series Legion.

Based on the character from X-Men comics, Legion tells the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens) discovering his powers. He was committed to an institution because his family thought the powers he struggled to exhibit were mental episodes. There, Melanie Bird (Jean Smart) rescued him to help him learn to use his mutant powers. In season two, he did battle with Amahl Farouk (Navid Negahban) but it compromised his relationships with those he loved like Syd Barrett (Rachel Keller) and his sister Amy (Katie Aselton).

FX - Reception - Television - Critics - Association

During an FX reception for the Television Critics Association, FX CEO John Landgraf revealed to /Film that Hawley is hard at work on the third season of Legion, and it sounds like things are going to get very dark for David Haller.

Landgraf was happy to report on Hawley’s progress, even though Hawley’s keeping it close to the vest.

Scripts - Season - Legion - Landgraf

“Actually he has four scripts of the third season of Legion,” Landgraf said. “He hasn’t shown them to me yet.”

The second season of Legion ended with David giving up on cooperating with Division 3 and Melanie to defeat the Farouk. He broke free with his powers and busted Lenny (Aubrey Plaza) out to go on the run with him.

Kind - Superhero - Breaking - Bad - Story

“I think we always knew it was kind of a superhero Breaking Bad story,” Landgraf said. “We always knew we were going to get to this moment in time. I’m...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!