OZY Fest Was a Little Slice of #Resistance ****

pastemagazine.com | 7/26/2018 | Staff
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/HillaryClintonMain89.jpg

The third annual OZY Fest just ended. The event was held from July 21-22 in Central Park, it featured an appalling parade of the blessed and brightest … and is the best possible argument for piranha-fication of America’s waterways. Or for meteors to be less discriminating in where they strike.

In reality, OZY Fest is another lukewarm neoliberal think-festival. It featured luminaries of the modern brainflesh like Steven Pinker, Common, and the once-was-future President of these United States, Madam Secretary Hillary Clinton. Oh, and these people:

O-faces - Butler - Disney - Sitcom - Hip-hop

Some of you are making O-faces right now, like an obscenely prudish butler in a mid-Nineties Disney sitcom who is shocked by the new “hip-hop.” Some of you are shrugging your shoulders and saying “More grist for Madame Revolution.” Still others of you opened this feature by accident, and are not even reading these sentences, but are carrying through to watch the episodes of New Girl and The Good Wife and The Good Place sequentially until the sun burns out. But probably most of you are curious why this lineup is a Big Deal.

Here's why: this lineup reads like satire. I hadn't heard of OZY Fest until last week. I fully expected this festival to be a prank; I would've guessed that this sign was cooked up by some photoshop-savvy member of the left.

But no. Here we are.

It's uncanny, absolutely unnerving how close this veers to parody. It's as if the FBI decided to name its headquarters “Fred Hampton Plaza” or give out the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Medal for Moral Courage. It's so beyond parody, it lumbers into a hyper-parody at the margins.

I haven't even touched on how profoundly dumb this is, and I wonder if I'll be able to.

With one or two exceptions, this list consists of the very people I would expect...
(Excerpt) Read more at: pastemagazine.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.