Freeform Show: Family Research Council Is a 'Racist, Anti-LGBTQ' Group

NewsBusters | 7/24/2018 | Staff
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/the_bold_type_-_plan_b_-_08_17_02_pm.jpg

What better way to squash a young, woke bisexual woman’s enthusiasm for being a spokesperson for a skin care company than to tell her that the company’s CEO contributed money to the Family Research Center? That is exactly what happened in the July 24 episode of Freeform’s The Bold Type titled “Plan B,” when the FRC is called one of those "racist, anti-LGBTQ groups."

Scarlet Magazine’s "first black female department head," Social Media Director Kat (Aisha Dee), is asked by a board member to sign up with a progressive skin care company as a way to increase the magazine’s revenue stream. The idea is for Kat to create Instagram stories as she uses Whole Spa’s products and gives her opinion about them. Between the time she signs on the dotted line and does her first Instagram story, she learns that the company’s CEO is a major donor to the Family Research Council, a conservative, Christian non-profit charity and activist group. Oh no! This will not stand.

Kat - Ryan - Dan - Jeannotte - Writer

Kat is told by Ryan (Dan Jeannotte), a writer, that a friend has written an expose on the company’s CEO and the story is about to be published. Kat becomes convinced that she is merely a token hire to fend off the claims that will come out – that he is a "racist, anti-LGBTQ" bigot simply due to his donation to the conservative group. As usual, the First Amendment only goes one way in Hollywood and anyone not willing to toe the line is labeled in the most degrading of ways.

Ryan: Someone's birthday?

Kat - Spokesperson - Spa

Kat: No, it's my swag actually. I'm, like, a spokesperson for Whole Spa.

Ryan: You're a spokesmodel?

Kat - Spokesperson - Instagram - Stories - One

Kat: Spokesperson. I'm just gonna be featured in some of their Instagram stories. You're not the only one with surprising skills.

Ryan: Whole Spa, huh?

Kat

Kat: Why'd you say it like...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!