Rick and Morty creator Dan Harmon deletes his Twitter account over 'baby rapist' skit

Mail Online | 7/24/2018 | Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/24/02/4E8603A500000578-0-image-a-16_1532395568036.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/07/31/6747865342821514014/1024x576_MP4_6747865342821514014.mp4

The creator of cult cartoon Rick and Morty has deleted his Twitter account after a disturbing nine-year-old 'baby rapist' sketch resurfaced.

Dan Harmon starred as child molester Daryl in the short 'comedy' film, a take on Showtime's serial-killer drama Dexter.

Clip - Character - Family - Home - Rape

The clip shows his character breaking into a family home and simulating rape on a baby doll.

'I know that I'm a monster... I rape babies,' he said in the bizarre, and distasteful skit.

Harmon - Creator - Comedy - Community - San

Harmon, who was also the creator of hit comedy Community, was at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend on a drunken panel discussion with fellow 'Rick and Morty' creator Justin Roiland and actress Cassie Steele, when the five minute clip reemerged.

The 45-year-old deleted his social media account shortly afterwards.

Reaction - Twitter - People - Others - Harmon

Reaction on Twitter has been divided, with some people utterly horrified and others defending Harmon's notoriously dark sense of humor which helped create hit comedy shows.

Many were left feeling sickened and questioning Harmon's mental health after seeing the video.

Rick - Morty - Fan - Footage - Feeling

One Rick and Morty fan said the footage left her feeling 'f***ing sick'. While another added: 'I just watched the Daryl video by Dan Harmon. Dan Harmon is a f***ing creep.'

'F***ing disgusting, this guy got problems,' someone else wrote.

Others - End - Harmon - Career

Others suggested it could be the end of Harmon's career.

'Another one bites the dust, Dan Harmon. Looks like your career with Rick & Morty is over,' one wrote.

Fans - Joke - Taste

Other fans explained that it was simply a running joke in poor taste.

'It was just an edgy, shock jock video that was trying to be so offensive that it became funny,' one Twitter user wrote. 'Whether or not you found it funny is subjective.'

Video - Days - Guardians - Galaxy - Director

The 2009 video emerged just days after Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn was fired over decade-old offensive tweets.

Like Harmon, they appeared to joke about pedophilia and rape.

Among them was one where...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!