ABOUT SHELOVES

SheLoves Magazine | 7/22/2018 | Daniela Schwartz
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/daniela-schwartz-finding-my-happy-again-2.jpg

I homeschooled my boys for two years during their pre-K and middle school years. My son had been dealing with anxiety. (Hormone-induced.) Things that was normal for most, brought on episodes of panic for him. So, we came to a family decision that he just needed a safety net, and that was our home. It was a sweet time in my life, homeschooling both my boys. I threw myself into it 100 percent. My days were extremely busy and full. I gave up any ideas of going back to work and we downsized our home to accommodate that decision. So we moved, we homeschooled and this was my life.

Then one day, while I was busy cleaning under the kitchen sink, Owen came downstairs and told me he was ready to go back to school. I was filled with emotion: pride, relief, grief and panic. Relieved that his anxiety was no longer controlling his life. He was completely fine. I felt panicked because what was I supposed to do now? And grief that both my boys would be leaving me in the fall. After he went upstairs, I sat on my kitchen floor and cried.

September

September.

While Owen’s anxiety was gone, mine was two-fold. I was freaking out that both my boys were off to school, and to make matters worse, it felt like every other person asked me what I was going to do with ALL MY TIME. I was even asking myself the same question. I thought I would “just be a mom,” but I was letting in thoughts of how that would not be enough. I was influenced by Supermoms on Instagram who really appeared to have it all, do it all and achieve some elusive sense of balance while even getting their makeup on in the morning.

I began to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: