The Radical Middle

www.christianpost.com | 7/21/2018 | Staff
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/132262/politics-us-flag.jpg

It's the first time in the history of Crossroads that Senior Pastor Brian Tome has talked about politics. For anyone who follows Jesus, here are some words to consider.

I like to be liked. And yet, I'm going to write about politics.

Half - Paragraphs - Rest - End - Way

So that means half of you aren't going to like me after the first few paragraphs and most of the rest will follow by the end. But I want to help you. Not to help you think the way I think, but to consider navigating our incredibly divisive political culture in an emotionally sustainable way.

Joshua is asking a question that most politically engaged Americans ask: "Are you with us (the good guys) or with them (the stupid ones)? Are you the way I vote, or with the people who are idiots and don't care for others?" Let's remember that it was God who sent Joshua into battle. He probably hoped the angel would say, "Of course I'm for you!" But he says, "I'm not on either side. I'm on God's side."

God - Right - Left - Joshua - Face

We need to hear this. God isn't on the right. He isn't on the left. When Joshua gets reoriented and realizes he's made it about us vs. them, he falls on his face in repentance. I would love for today to be the day that we repent for the level of divisiveness we've had in our hearts toward people who have different convictions and voting records.

Jesus lived under the political control of Rome, the most powerful nation of his time. This was a nation that is among the most corrupt, brutal, and immoral cultures ever, with absolute power in the hands of one man—Caesar. Any early follower of Christ would take the living conditions and leadership of any American President over that of Rome and Caesar. But they learned to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: