Mamma Mia's Christine Baranski on schmoozing with Cher and meeting Trump

the Guardian | 7/21/2018 | Eva Wiseman
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4

The actor Michael Sheen has nicknamed his ****, and the full title he has chosen is The Great Christine Baranski. With absolutely no offence meant to Baranski, 66 now and at the very peak of a four-decade career, this is a perfect name for a ****. It is a perfect name for a **** because it suggests poise, elegance, stamina and, importantly, a rare and steely strength.

Baranski in person is regal; I am presented to her in a London hotel suite like a sex worker meeting an oligarch. I almost … curtsy? Perhaps it’s the air conditioning, but to approach her seat, where she vibrates, blow-dried and fabulous in the tightest dress and ocelot-spotted heels, feels like arriving in the rarified air of a mountaintop. The characters she has played – from Maryann, the best friend in Cybill (“Did I ever tell you I superglued his **** to his thigh?”), a clear precursor to Sex and the City’s Samantha; to Tanya, the best friend in Mamma Mia!; and Diane Lockhart, the lawyer in The Good Wife and The Good Fight – have shared this haughty, impenetrable power. Although impenetrable is perhaps the wrong word when you consider too their fruity horniness. In the Mamma Mia! sequel, one of the first things Tanya says, lowering her sunglasses upon catching sight of the dashing hotel manager ready to host another party where the slightest mention of “dancing” or “winner” triggers a leaping orgy of Abba, is “be still my beating ****”.

Student - New - York - Baranski - Living

As a student in New York, Baranski received $1,000 for living expenses, awarded because she was “the most hard-working economically needy student” in her Juilliard class. She promptly took herself off on a tour of Europe’s cheapest hotels. On her return, she debuted on Broadway, later winning an Emmy for Cybill and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: the Guardian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!