What Being (Almost) Kicked Out of McDonald’s Taught Me about Those Outside the Church

The Aquila Report | 7/21/2018 | Staff
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
“Maybe they never stepped foot inside a church so they have no idea what the Bible teaches about anything. Either way, they’re the person walking into McDonald’s with a Wendy’s bag. They haven’t fully bought into church or God, but they want to come anyway. And if you’re a true warden of your church, you can spot them a mile away. They just look like they don’t belong, but perhaps they want to.”

Last week I was (almost) kicked out of McDonald’s. By (almost) I mean the staff were conflicted. One lady (I call her the McDonald’s warden) very clearly let it be known to my family that we needed to leave the premises. Another lady came back later, apologized for the first lady that told us we needed to leave, and told us we could stay. That lasted for about five minutes until the first lady came back and said she wasn’t joking, that she was serious, that we needed to leave the premises of McDonald’s. I literally stood and pleaded with her for a few minutes, humiliated myself by apologizing profusely for a crime I didn’t think was a crime, talked her down, promised we would never do it again (because we will never frequent that McDonald’s again), and she finally relented and graced us with the “privilege” of eating in her establishment. And yet this first staff member kept a wary eye on us throughout our visit. When I needed to ask for more ketchup and BBQ sauce from the counter, the second lady (the nice one) had to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!