What Are the Characteristics of a Good Steward?

www.christianpost.com | 7/20/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/119428/chuck-bentley.jpg

To learn Biblical answers to your financial questions, you can #AskChuck @AskCrown your questions by clicking here. Questions used may be lightly edited for length or clarity.

I hear you talk about stewardship a lot and I've been trying to be more faithful with the way I manage all my resources. I want to be a steward and would really like to find a mentor to help me. What kind of characteristics should I look for in a mentor? How would I recognize myself as a steward?

Lot - Stewardship - Steps - Life - Mentor

I talk a lot about stewardship and the practical steps it takes to live like one now but I wish I had known about it earlier in life and looked for a godly mentor to help me on my journey! I commend your questions and hope to answer them well.

Stewardship is commonly misunderstood. It's not just about getting out of debt or sticking to a budget. It's much more than just writing a tithe check every month.

Andrew - Murray - Way - World - Man

Andrew Murray summed it up this way: The world asks, "What does a man own?" Christ asks, "How does he use it?

Larry Burkett described it like this: When we surrender every area of our lives, including our finances, to God, then we are free to trust Him to meet our needs. But if we would rather hold tightly to those things that we possess, then we find ourselves in bondage to those very things.

Jesus - Principles - Parable - Talents - Matthew

Jesus gave us important financial principles in The Parable of the Talents found in Matthew 25. In this parable, it is clear that we have the responsibility to manage His property. We're not the owners of what we have, we're simply temporary managers. And how seriously we take that responsibility will determine if we are faithful or unfaithful stewards.

Few people truly understand how serious stewardship is....
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!