Study Reveals Children with Working Moms Grow Up Happier

Rare | 7/20/2018 | Silke Jasso
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/untitled-design-31.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

This one has taken me unusually long to write. Maybe because there was so much that I felt about it and so many different ways this could have been written. This is my first attempt at sharing with you what going back to work meant for me. I did the full circle of going from working full time to being a stay at home mom (full time) and now being back at work full time but working from home. You can read the complete post here: https://wp.me/p9Wo0w-ZK Share this post if you think it will be useful to other moms in a similar phase of their life. Love Always! ❤️ #momlife #worklifebalance #mom #workingmoms #stayathomemom #worfromhomemom #balance #career #ambition #kids #parenting #professional #keepthefaith #keepingitreal #momsofinstagram #kidsofinstagram #network #workforce #wineandonesie #blogger #momblogger

A post shared by WineandOnesie (@wineandonesie) on

A new study led by Kathleen McGinn, a Harvard Business School Professor, found that children of working moms wind up just as happy in adulthood as the children of stay-at-home-moms.

According to the research, daughters of working moms were more likely to advance in their personal careers, and sons of working moms go on to spend 50 minutes more each week caring for their families. The study also showed that children turn into happy adults regardless of their mother’s employment status. Throughout the paper, Mcginn commented on how she started the study in hopes her findings would bring a sigh of relief for “guilt-ridden” mothers, who either have to find a job to make ends meet, or simply choose to work outside of the home while raising their children.

People - Belief - Moms - Children - Finding

“People still have this belief that when moms are employed, it’s somehow detrimental to their children. “So our finding that maternal employment doesn’t affect kids’ happiness in adulthood is really important.”

Sure, the study isn’t about how to raise happier kids, but what she wants mothers to understand is when women choose to work, whether it’s a personal or financial choice, it’s okay — meaning, they are not harming their children.

Research - Group - Study - Adult - Daughters

In 2015, the same research group conducted another study, where they found adult daughters that had mothers who worked outside the home were more likely to work themselves and have successful careers. Daughters would also hold more supervisory responsibilities and earn higher wages than women whose moms stayed at home full-time. Could it be these women saw the struggles and the hard work their mother faced day-to-day, which is why they grew up the way they did?

The 2015 study, conducted by researchers from the United States and the United Kingdom, had two surveys of more than 100,000 men and women across 29 countries, which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!