Olivia Culpo Channels a ‘Nancy Meyers Movie’ and Pays Homage to Her Roots in her First Home

PEOPLE.com | 7/20/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/olivia-culpo2.jpg?crop=0px,200px,1232px,647px&resize=1200,630

Olivia Culpo‘s first grown-up home is just like her — polished, pretty and more than a little glam.

The actress and model picked out her Hollywood condo for its cool, loftlike feel and architectural details, including an oddity for the West Coast: exposed brick walls. “I was definitely attracted to the character in this building and you don’t find a lot of that in LA, so it reminded me of where I’m from on the East Coast,” the Rhode Island-raised star, 26, tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue.

Wood - Floors - Walls - Apartment

But its dark wood floors and black painted walls felt too masculine, she says, and made the open-plan apartment seem cavernous.

“I’m a really girlie person, so I wanted a much more feminine environment,” says Culpo, who next stars in the Bruce Willis action flick Reprisal. “I wanted to feel like I had a bachelorette pad.”

East - Coast - Vibe - Minute - Sort

“She’s got that East Coast, preppy vibe about her, so the minute we started chatting I was envisioning some sort of interior from a Nancy Meyers movie,” says designer Orlando Soria, who along with online-decorating service Homepolish helped bring her ladylike rooms to life with pale furnishings, blush accessories and hits of polished brass.

“We combined light colors,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!