Blessed Are the Slow

ChristianityToday.com | 6/21/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/82552.jpg?w=1200

I have a box of letters that my husband wrote to me while we were dating last year. Traveling from Tennessee to South Carolina and back again, these paper conversations established our friendship, growing mutual trust, and admiration. Getting to know a person this way is reasonably outdated. It could have happened a hundred years ago. But for us it was new.

Letters are an old-fashioned practice worth preserving. Unlike most modern communication, letters are for someone, from someone. They are deliberate. They develop slowly and they arrive slowly. They take paper and stamps, maybe a walk to a mailbox to flip up the small red flag.

Writings - Bible - Collection - Words - Centuries

It’s fitting that the inspired writings of the Bible, our most important collection of words, took roughly 15 centuries to compile. And it seems significant that, alongside rich stories, laws, poetry, and history, much of the New Testament consists of personal letters that have endured...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChristianityToday.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!