How this Instagrammer turns piles of books into works of art

Business Insider | 7/19/2018 | Chris Snyder
Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b3e671832245c1e008b4ae7-1920-960.jpg

James Trevino doesn't just read a lot of books, he also collects them and turns them into works of art. Who said print was dead? He's is a bookstagrammer, who shares his love of books with his fans through conversation and colorful self portraits that takes hours to put together. We chatted with Trevino to find out how he does it. Following is a transcript of the video.

James Trevino: My name is James. I'm from Romania. I'm 24 years old, and I do this thing called Bookstagram.

Community - Instagram - People

It's this community on Instagram for people who obviously love to read.

The first thing I did were these videos: book dominoes.

Angel - Series - Wings - Books - Obsession

And I started this angel series, where I had wings made of books, because I have this weird obsession with angels and supernatural.

I finished law school last year and decided to take a year off. I felt like I needed a break. It was a bit restrictive with my creativity.

% - Books - Color - Money - Something

I get about 80% of my books online. I never pick them because of their color. I don't have enough money to spend on something like that, and I'm actually blessed enough to have already enough books so that they are pretty much enough for any project I have in mind. I have about 1,150, something like that.

Part of them belong to my father and are classics, and I don't particularly enjoy classics.

Pic - Otherwise - First - Idea

I actually never bother organizing them unless I have to take a pic. Otherwise, no. First of all, I have to come up with an idea, and that is usually easier...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!