Zuckerberg says breaking up Facebook would pave the way for Chinese tech companies to fill the void

Mail Online | 7/19/2018 | Hannah Moore For Dailymail.com
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/19/01/4E637DBE00000578-0-image-a-10_1531958679152.jpg

Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has hit back at the idea Facebook has become too big and should be broken up into smaller companies.

The social media tycoon told Recode calls to shrink the company to allow competitors an easier playing field would result in a Chinese corporation filling the void - who might not share Facebook's 'American values'.

Zuckerberg - Hearings - Data - Practices - Facebook

Zuckerberg, who has recently faced congressional hearings on the data practices of Facebook - particularly the data breaches by Cambridge Analytica - and the lack of any complete competitor.

He told congress in April Facebook had 'a lot' of competitors, who overlap with their service in 'different ways'.

Spent - Days - Company - Questions - Something

The 34-year-old spent two days testifying about his company and answering questions - something he suggested an overseas company the size of Facebook would be less inclined to do.

'I think you can bet that, if the government here is worried about... whether it's election interference or terrorism... I don't think Chinese companies are going to want to cooperate as much and aid the national interest there,' he said.

Zuckerberg - US - Companies - Way - Competitors

Zuckerberg also spoke out against the US constraining its own companies, noting it would only give way to overseas - specifically Chinese - competitors.

'If we adopt a stance which is that, we're going to, as a country, decide to clip the wings of these [American] companies and make it so it's harder for them to operate in different places or they have to be smaller, then there are plenty of other companies out there willing and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.