Gabriel Macht on ‘Suits’, Its New Beginning, and What Katherine Heigl Brings to the Show

Collider | 7/18/2018 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/suits-gabriel-macht-dule-hill-02.jpg

From creator Aaron Korsh, the USA Network drama series Suits, now in its eighth season, is figuring out what’s next for the fast-paced Manhattan corporate law firm that’s being led by Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht), Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman) and Robert Zane (Wendell Pierce), now that three of its key players with Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres), Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) and Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle) have moved on. While figuring out what all of the leadership and personal turmoil means, the trio will continue to tackle top corporate cases with the support of Alex Williams (Dulé Hill) and Katrina Bennett (Amanda Schull), along with new powerhouse attorney Samantha Wheeler (Katherine Heigl), who is shaking things up in a way that’s throwing even Harvey off-balance.

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, actor Gabriel Macht talked about their new beginning, eight seasons in, what it was like to return without Patrick J. Adams alongside him, his hope that Mike Ross will appear again, at some point, the evolution to becoming Zane Specter Litt, what Katherine Heigl is bringing to the show, the challenges that come with directing episodes, where things are at for Harvey and Donna (Sarah Rafferty), and why he thinks this show could go on, whether the actors stay with it or not.

Collider - Thank - Episodes - Season

Collider: Thank you for chatting with me! I’m very happy to say that I loved the first two episodes for the new season!

GABRIEL MACHT: Oh, that’s awesome! That’s great! I haven’t seen them, so I don’t know how they came out.

Fan - Show - Bit - Cast - Departing

As a fan of the show, I was a little bit nervous about some of your main cast departing, but I think you guys have done a really interesting thing with the series. I’m excited to see what happens!

MACHT: Oh, great! That’s terrific! I hope all the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!