I’m Saved, So Why Do I Still Keep Sinning?

Christian Crier | 7/18/2018 | Staff
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/files/2017/11/Faith-Christian-pray-hands-praise-light-magical_credit-Shutterstock.jpg

Why do some believer’s struggle with overcoming sin more than others? Why do we keep sinning after salvation?

It is human nature for us to sin. If you took a fish out of the water, they’d be out of their environment because they’re not capable of surviving without being submerged in water. That’s the way fish were created, so it’s their nature, but it’s also our nature to sin, even when we know what it’s wrong. After a person is brought to repentance (2 Tim 2:25-26) and faith in Christ, they still have part of their old nature still living in them, as I do, but Christians are not alone. Some of the greatest figures in the Bible struggled with obedience, even after they knew God, so it’s a struggle that’s common to all of us, and not just believers. For many, that’s somehow comforting. The Bible tells us the truth about human nature and shows us the heroes of the faith, warts and all. The Bible doesn’t hide the fact that some of the greatest biblical figures we know have committed some of the worst sins there are. King David is a great example, but God granted forgiveness as we see in what may be the greatest prayer of repentance in the Bible (Psalm 51). His guilt was “ever before him,” so he couldn’t help but cry out to God for His forgiveness, and God was merciful. Just as Jesus said, “he who is forgiven little, loves little” (Luke 7:47), so those who are forgiven much are loved much. Even after David committed adultery with his wife and conspired to have Uriah murdered, David was later called a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22).

Someone

I believe if someone is concerned that they’re still sinning, at least they care enough about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christian Crier
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: