Netflix Announces Multiple TV Series And Feature Films Based On Mark Millar Comic Books

The Playlist | 7/17/2018 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Jupiters-Legacy.jpg

Netflix’s first major push into the comic book filmmaking world by buying the rights to Mark Millar’s Millarworld line of books is finally going to bear some fruit. According to the streaming service, plans to develop original series and films based on a handful of comic book properties is now moving forward.

For those not aware of Mark Millar, he’s the co-creator behind comics that inspired the films “Wanted,” “Kingsman: The Secret Service,” and “Kick-****.” Now, with his deal at Netflix, we’ll be seeing much more from the creator, including series based on “Jupiter’s Legacy” and “American Jesus,” as well as films for “Empress,” “Huck,” and “Sharkey The Bounty Hunter.”

Said - Millar - Wife - Lucy - Months

Said Millar, “My wife Lucy and I are eleven months into our jobs at Netflix and it’s everything we hoped for to the power of ten. To see a movie based on your work every couple of years is incredibly exciting, but to see them all happening at once like this and with talent this high-end is just off the scale. These are writers and directors I’ve privately been sending fan-mail to over the last eighteen months so to be working with them all is just enormously exciting. This...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...