Poppy Harlow wore a diaper during interview with Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Mail Online | 7/17/2018 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/17/20/4E59600900000578-0-image-a-26_1531855450823.jpg

A CNN anchor has candidly opened up about juggling both the news cycle and her pregnancy — which, for her, involved interviewing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg while wearing an adult diaper, just days after giving birth.

Poppy Harlow, 36, has two children with her husband Sinisa Babcic, 36: a two-year-old daughter named Sienna and a son named Luca who was born in February this year.

Days - Luca - Birth - Harlow - Interview

Just five days after Luca's birth, Harlow was scheduled to interview the Supreme Court justice — an opportunity she couldn't turn down regardless of timing.

Harlow thus took to the stage at Columbia University to interview Ginsburg, 85, while still physically recovering from labor.

Thing - Cosmopolitan - Moment

'But here's the crazy thing,' she told Cosmopolitan as she recounted the moment.

'I'm sitting on the stage, interviewing Ruth Bader Ginsburg — and wearing a diaper.

Woman - Baby - Baby

'Any woman who has had a baby will understand this. You have to wear, like, Depends after the baby is born.'

It is common to experience vaginal discharge and bleeding after giving birth, hence the need to wear adult diapers for several days afterwards, until the discharge tapers off.

Harlow - Interview - Justice - Ginsburg - Month

Harlow was originally invited to interview Justice Ginsburg during the third month of her pregnancy, and at first turned down the opportunity, fearing she might be in labor.

But Columbia said they would make plans to have a backup reporter in case she had to back out at the last minute, after which Harlow accepted the invitation.

Implications - Interview - Birth - 'superwoman - Event

She chose to honestly detail the physical implications of conducting an interview so soon after giving birth because, after being billed a 'superwoman' after the event, she wanted others to know what combining parenthood and a career can really be like.

'I'm like, If you only knew,' she added. 'I tell you this at the risk of grossing people out. That is what it's really...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!