A look back at the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle's New Zealand trip in 2015

Mail Online | 7/18/2018 | Sophie Haslett For Daily Mail Australia
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/18/02/4E5C250100000578-0-image-a-67_1531878079314.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/17/3694387007508136004/1024x576_MP4_3694387007508136004.mp4

In October, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to touch down in New Zealand, as one of four stops on their official tour for the Invictus Games.

But this won't be the first time Meghan Markle has visited the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Actress - Founder - Tig - Road - Trip

In 2015, the then-Suits actress and founder of lifestyle website The Tig took a two-week road trip through New Zealand in a camper van, visiting both the country's North and South Islands.

Here, FEMAIL takes a look at how the Royal travelled way back when, and how different it might be this time around.

Meghan - Markle - Trip - Adventure

In 2015, Meghan Markle's trip was quite the adventure.

Taking the advice of her Suits co-star, Gabriel Macht, who plays Harvey Specter in the cult series, Meghan rented a camper van with a friend and travelled from the South Island all the way up to Waiheke, the island just off Auckland.

'I - Verb - Duchess - Conde - Nast

'I didn't even know it was a verb,' the Duchess joked to Conde Nast Traveller of the activity 'camper vanning' at the time.

'I was told to let go of my impressions of RV culture in the U.S, that it was a totally different thing in New Zealand,' she added.

Meghan - Parts - Childhood - Road - Dad

Meghan said that it appealed to parts of her childhood, and the road trips she had done with her dad and Girl Scouts she had done with her mother.

The actress recalled that the campsites were impeccably kept - 'there were even fresh flowers in the bathroom,' she said - and the scenery was like nothing she had seen before - 'staggering', in fact.

Trip - Meghan - Markle - Destinations - Queenstown

On her 2015 trip, Meghan Markle visited countless well-known destinations, including Queenstown, Lake Wanaka, Franz Josef Glacier, Marlborough, Kaikoura and Akaroa, and Waiheke Island.

In a travel diary from the time, she said she dined out in 'standout restaurants' like Botswana Butchery...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!