Called to Be Kind and Compassionate
to One Another

(in)courage | 7/17/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/07172018_JenniferUeckert_KindAndCompassionate-1200x858.jpg

A little over two weeks ago, while gathered in a hospital waiting room, my family was witness to one of the greatest examples of compassion and love.

My dad has had a long health journey over the last couple of years — one issue being his eyes. He has had endless care, instructions, procedures, surgeries, complications, and treatments for his eyes. At times, he has been able to see out of one eye; other times, he hasn’t been able to see at all.

Dad - Farmer - Day - Time - House

It has been heartbreaking to watch my strong, active dad suddenly become so vulnerable. He’s a farmer who has worked every day, sun up to sun down, but who has now been spending much of his time trapped in the house. He can only walk where he knows by heart, the same path around the farm day after day. He has needed help as if he’s aged thirty years overnight.

We learned that a cornea transplant might be the only thing that could help him see again, and though it was a scary thought, we finally had hope.

Time - Day - Transplant - Day - Waiting

The time seemed to drag on and on from the day we knew he would need a transplant until the day we sat in the waiting room, praying all would turn out well and that my dad’s sight would be restored. We had hope all because someone had made the compassionate decision to change the life of a stranger.

We are just ordinary people. We are just an ordinary family. But through His love and mercy, we received the most extraordinary gift — the gift of hope, the gift of sight, and a renewed life for my sweet dad.

Form - Gesture - Compassion - Family

We witnessed the highest form of giving and the greatest gesture of human compassion our family has ever experienced.

When we think about our world today, compassionate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.