A La Carte (July 17)

Tim Challies | 7/17/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-TUES-940x492.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include a few miscellaneous discounts that may interest you.

If you’re in or near Edinburgh, I’d love to meet you this evening at 7 PM at FM Bookshop on Gilmerton Road.

November - John - Piper - Bernard - H

“On November 2–3, 1994, John Piper delivered the Bernard H. Rom Preaching Lectures at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Piper had been pastor for fourteen years at Bethlehem Baptist Church, where already he had preached more than 700 sermons.” They are now available online for the first time.

Illegal immigration is a hot topic in Canada today. My good friend Sam shares some of his experience (as well as his mother’s).

Article - Decade - Sense - Unease - Intellectuals

I found this a fascinating article. “In the past decade, I’ve felt a growing sense of unease. African intellectuals tend to blame the West for the slave trade, but I knew that white traders couldn’t have loaded their ships without help from Africans like my great-grandfather.” History is terrible and complicated.

“My older sister sat across from me at the Taco Bell and listened carefully. She knew I was lying, but she was too concerned to be angry. As she questioned me about the double life I had been living, which had been unwillingly exposed to my family and friends, she calmly heard my mistruths and told me that she knew better. For years...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: