CORRECTING TOMI LAHREN’S MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ROE V. WADE

dailycaller.com | 7/17/2018 | Staff
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Screen-Shot-2018-07-16-at-5.13.28-PM-e1531775718347.png

Conservative firebrand Tomi Lahren brought up the issue of Roe v. Wade and the conservative approach to abortion during a July 7 segment of her Fox News Insider video series, “Final Thoughts.”

Speaking of the Supreme Court vacancy, Lahren said that pushing for Court to overturn Roe v. Wade “would be a huge mistake.” But many of the statements she made are based on faulty assumptions, which we hear daily basis from pro-choicers and sometimes even quietly from conservatives who don’t understand how abortion-related laws impact society.

Tomi - Lahren - Misconceptions - Someone - Work

I don’t fault Tomi Lahren for having these misconceptions, and as someone who has been focused full-time in pro-life work for more than 12 years, I fully acknowledge I have the benefit of having delved into these issues on a daily basis.

Similarly, there are plenty of issues — such as immigration and guns — Tomi probably knows more about than I do given her engagement in conservative media. But there is a lot more to the question of whether Roe v. Wade should continue than was captured in her recent commentary.

Lahren - Majority - Supreme - Court - Decision

Lahren argues that we should not use a conservative majority on the Supreme Court to try to overturn a decision that she claimed most Americans support, citing a recent Quinnipiac poll. In fact, you’ve probably seen this statement floating around, such as when Planned Parenthood said 7 in 10 Americans support Roe v. Wade. But let’s look at that number more closely.

The poll she specifically refers to asks participants, “In general, do you agree or disagree with the 1973 Roe v. WadeSupreme Court decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion?”

National - Review - Question - Roe - Wade

But, as pointed out in The National Review, this question implies that before Roe v. Wade, abortion was completely illegal. And since other data shows a lack of understanding of what Roe actually did,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!