Worship Leader, Stop Trying to Be Cool

ChurchLeaders | 7/16/2018 | Staff
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/8.1.CC.WORSHIP.StopTryingBeCool.jpg

I wonder…if Jesus were to evaluate our worship, would cool be a value?

If the Son of God stepped into our Sunday morning services, would impressed be a word He’d use?

Time - Worship - Leaders - People - Deeply

It’s time for the worship leaders to arise who care deeply about people and care deeply about the presence of God. A kind of worship leader who knows the people he serves and knows the God he worships.

If you enjoy fashion, that is no problem. But that’s not your strength as a worship leader.

Voice - Gift - Strength - Leader

If you have a trendy voice, that is a great gift. But it’s not your strength as a worship leader.

If you are a skilled songwriter, that is wonderful. But it’s not your strength as a worship leader.

Ton - Energy - Strength - Leader

If you have a ton of on-stage energy, that will serve you well. But it’s not your strength as a worship leader.

What sets you apart? What makes you a great leader? It’s your ongoing hunger for God’s presence and a deep compassion for people. Period.

Pants - Place - Hunger - God - Compassion

I don’t care if you’re 65 and wear baggy pants. You have a place if you have an ongoing hunger for God and a compassion for people.

I don’t care if you’re young and inexperienced. Hunger for God. Compassion for people.

Cool - Value - Times - Drive - Relevance

Cool isn’t a value. At times, our drive for relevance has simply left us with a Christian alternative to what the world gives. Let’s pursue transcendence. Let’s recapture the mystery of Heaven on earth.

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Problem - Something - Pride - Ourselves

To be honest, the problem is when we think we’re something. When we carry a pride that leaves us impressed with ourselves and more concerned about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: