Bill Cosby's ex-attorney Marty Singer will escape Janice Dickinson lawsuit

Mail Online | 7/17/2018 | Ryan Parry West Coast Correspondent
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/17/02/4E5419E000000578-0-image-a-6_1531789344201.jpg

Janice Dickinson's defamation case against Bill Cosby can go ahead but the disgraced comic's former lawyer has been given a pass, a Superior Court judge has ruled.

Dickinson sued Cosby and his bull dog attorney Marty Singer, who defended Cosby until they parted ways in 2015, for defamation over a press release branding her a 'liar'.

Supermodel - Claim - Cosby - Defamatory - Lie

The former supermodel's claim that she was drugged and raped by Cosby was called 'an outrageous defamatory lie' in the release issued by Singer on his then client's behalf in November, 2014.

But Superior Court Judge Randolph Hammock granted an anti-SLAPP motion to Singer Monday, dismissing him from the case for the second time.

Blow - Judge - Dickinson - Singer - Fees

And in a further blow the judge ordered that Dickinson must pay Singer's legal fees.

Andrew Brettler for Singer's firm Lavely & Singer told DailyMail.com: 'Ms Dickinson never should have sued Mr Singer in this case. We are extremely pleased that Judge Hammock agreed and dismissed every cause of action against him. And now, Ms Dickinson is responsible for paying the legal fees that Mr Singer was forced to incur in defending against her claims.'

Dickinson - Attorney - Rights - Lawyer - Lisa

However, Dickinson's attorney, leading civil rights lawyer Lisa Bloom, said the former supermodel will be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!