Hollywood, Beltway Respond To Trump-Putin Presser: “Disgraceful”, “Treason”

Deadline | 7/16/2018 | Greg Evans
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/ap_18197439040782.jpg?w=605

Refresh for updates Even for Twitter. Even for Hollywood. Even for Beltway pundits and Democratic politicians – the social media response to President Donald Trump’s apparent siding with Russia’s Vladimir Putin over United States intelligence agencies has been nearly as astounding as Trump’s history-making words.

RelatedDonald Trump Says No Reason To Think Russia Tampered In Election; Putin Dodges Pee-Tape...

Putin - Helsinki - Today - Trump - Reporters

Standing next to Putin in Helsinki today, Trump was asked by reporters about Russia’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, as outlined Friday in Robert Mueller’s indictment of 12 Russian military officers.

Said Trump: “My people came to me, Dan Coates came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be….But I have — I have confidence in both parties.”

Afternoon - Eastern - Time - No1 - Trend

By early afternoon Eastern Time, the No.1 trend worldwide on Twitter was #TreasonSummit.

“You have been watching perhaps one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader truly that I’ve ever seen,” said CNN’s Anderson Cooper on-air after the press conference. MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell thought even that description was too weak, tweeting that Cooper’s “perhaps” and “one of” was “false timid language.”

Fox - News - Neil - Cavuto - Trump

While Fox News’ Neil Cavuto offered to give Trump “the benefit of the doubt to maybe jet lag and time differences,” he added “but holy moly.” Fox News’ Brit Hume called Trump’s response “a vague and rambling non-answer,” and “lame,” but also noted that Putin’s “interference” had a “negligible effect on the outcome in ‘16…”

Tweeted Fox News’ Abby Huntsman, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.”

Today - Press - Conference - Helsinki - Performances

“Today’s press conference in #Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory,”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!