Bay City Rollers legend Alan Longmuir is laid to rest

Mail Online | 7/2/2018 | Stephanie Linning For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/12/15/4E28F12100000578-0-image-a-4_1531404464033.jpg

Hundreds of fans lined the streets as Bay City Rollers guitarist Alan Longmuir was laid to rest today.

The 70-year-old musician, who co-founded the Scottish pop group with his brother Derek, died in hospital last week after contracting an illness in Mexico.

Widow - Eileen - Rankin - Mourners - Bass

His widow Eileen Rankin led mourners as they gathered to remember the bass guitarist at his funeral in Bannockburn, near Stirling, today.

Longmuir's stepson Nik Rankin and close friend Liam Rudden spoke at the service, which featured the hymns Morning Has Broken and Abide By Me.

Highland - Cathedral - Bagpipes - Coffin - Church

Highland Cathedral was also played on the bagpipes as the coffin was brought into the church.

The Bay City Rollers were not present at the service as they are currently on tour in Australia but former bandmate Nobby Clark was on hand to pay his respects.

Service - Piper - Cortege - Streets - Town

Following the service, a piper led the cortege through the streets of the town as Ms Rankin and family members followed behind.

Longmuir, who was born in Edinburgh, was taken into hospital in Mexico after contracting the fatal illness while on holiday with wife Eileen earlier this year.

Post - 'Bay - City - Rollers - Pen

A post shared on the 'Bay City Rollers Pen Pal Reunion' page revealed he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!