Drunken man who berated a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt charged with a hate crime 

Mail Online | 7/13/2018 | Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/12/07/4E2699DC00000578-0-image-a-8_1531376206277.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/10/789926848068011840/1024x576_MP4_789926848068011840.mp4

A drunken man who berated a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt, demanding to know if she was a US citizen, has been charged with a hate crime.

Timothy Trybus, of Des Plaines, was initially charged with assault and disorderly conduct over the June 14 incident.

Charges - Hate - Crime - Racist - Harassment

The 62-year-old has now been handed two additional charges, of committing a hate crime, after video his racist harassment went viral.

Victim Mia Irizzary posted a Facebook Live video of Trybus, who was apparently drunk, who aggressively got in her face and yelled 'Why is she wearing that s**t?' and asking 'Are you a citizen?'

Irizzary - Cook - County - Forest - Preserve

Irizzary was seen asking nearby Cook County Forest Preserve Officer, Patrick Connor, for help, but he ignored her pleas and allowed Trybus to continue verbally abusing her.

Connor, a 12-year veteran with the county, was placed on desk duty and stepped down on Wednesday.

Wake - Incident - Cook - County - Board

In the wake of the incident, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle offered her apology to the woman and took the unusual step of calling Ricardo Rossello, the governor of Puerto Rico. Rossello wanted the officer fired.

Meanwhile, the Forest Preserves issued its own apology for what happened.

Trybus - Attorney - Court - Friday

It wasn't immediately clear if Trybus has an attorney. He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday.

On the day of the incident, Irizzary had paid for a permit to hold a birthday party at Caldwell Woods in Illinois, when Trybus - first approached her.

Trybus - Clip

'Are you educated?' Trybus asks her in the clip. 'Why are you wearing that?'

'Officer, I'm renting this area and he's harassing me about the shirt I'm wearing,' Irizzary then tells the cop, who had already been called to the scene to investigate Trybus' intoxicated behavior.

Irizzary - Shirt - Puerto - Rico - Flag

Irizzary was wearing a shirt made to look like the Puerto Rico flag, with the words 'Puerto Rico' written on the top....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!